Friday 13 April 2007

Post 0: What are you on about man?

52 Weeks, 52 Albums... is pretty self explanatory. Every week, for a year, I will buy/gain ownership of an album. Then I willl review it on here.

Why? Because I love music. I do. I know everyone says it, because it's cool to, or whatever, or blah.... But I do. It's a big part of my life, but yet I don't make nearly enough effort to listen to things. I am a radio 1 listener when I do listen to the radio, and would highly recommend the Colin Murray show to anyone who doesn't know what to listen to. Especially on Tuesdays, with the black hole, where they play content of the net such as demos and remixs and such like.

So yes, its main point is to encourage me to listen to more music. But also to listen to stuff I might not normally.

1 Key point to note: This isn't a "challenge". I won't "Fail" if I miss a week for some reason. IT's just a nice idea, which I will try to keep to.

Also, this isn't exclusively for the 52 albums. I will make a big song and dance about them, but i'll post other bits and pieces on here too. Bands you should check out, news you should know about and such like.

In the mean time, bands you should check out:
Reuben
Yourcodenameis:milo
Biffy Clyro
Dive Dive
3rd Dan
Maximo Park
Hadouken!
Scroobius vs. Pip
The 100 club (shameless plug)
Billy Ruffian
Shmoo

There are a lot more, but that's for another day. The above bands will be thrust upon you in greater detail at a future point. Album 1 is in fact YCNI:Ms "They came from the sun", and Album 2 is Maximo Parks "Our Earthly Pleasures". That's right, I came up with the album idea before the blog. :D.

I will probably be back on here later with more stories to regail. But for now, my work is done.

Samba

No comments: